Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Happy Anniversary!

Hey kiddo!

Your mom and I got to see you yesterday!  You were squirming around in her tummy, and you had your butt up in the air at one point! 

The technician who was trying to look at you wanted you to turn over on your back, so she told your mom and I to go for a walk and have a bite to eat.  When we returned, you were on your back, waving at us!  Thanks for cooperating!



Turns out there's only a 1 in 6,300 chance that you'll have a problem with Down's Syndrome (which can be a more likely problem if parents wait to have kids as your mom and I have).  It was a nice 9-year anniversary present to see you yesterday, and then to also know that you are healthy and that your risk for having that particular problem is pretty low.  Still, your mom and I got one of our first tastes of worrying about you - a habit which I'm sure you'll see us indulge in as you grow up.

Right now you're 82.2 millimeters long.  That's about the size of a light bulb.

You certainly are going to bring a lot of light to our lives, and we are eagerly awaiting your arrival.

I got a video game for your mom, "Fable III" for her anniversary present, and she got me some episodes of Dexter (compliments of her brother, and your future uncle, Josh).  But the best part of our day was the twenty minutes we got to see you.

All my love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment