Friday, August 27, 2010

The Family Has Been Updated

Hey Kiddo!

   So, I was able to tell your Grandmother Kathy in person that you were going to be coming into the world (last Friday), and this morning I spoke to your Aunt Jai over the phone, and she was over the moon as well.

   My sister (Kristi was her name as we were growing up) is a fantastic mother with three boys, whom I'm sure you'll one day meet.  They'll be 11 to 15 years older than you, but I hope that one day you'll call each other every once in a while and see how things are going.

   Family is important, and although my mom and my sister and I are scattered accross the country, we have a stronger connection now than when we all lived under the same roof.  I wish you could have met your Grandpa Doug.  My dad was a great musician and artist, and kept our family protected and warm.  We didn't have a lot of the same interests growing up, but he was a loving father nonetheless, and I'm sad that you'll only get to know him through photographs

   We saw Tim and Melisa's baby last night, Evangeline, and as I held her I imagined what life will be like in less than 9 months.  In those few moments, with Evie asleep in my arms, I forgot about everything in my life that causes me a little stress or worry.  I can't wait to hold you in my arms as you fall asleep.

   Be good!

   Dad 

No comments:

Post a Comment